Serrano peach jam
1) Chop 1 lb peaches (approximately the amount in your box) into 1/2 inch pieces
2) Mince 1 serrano pepper. To avoid the hot pepper burning your skin or eyes, we recommend wearing gloves or coating your fingers in cooking oil to create a barrier for the capsaicin.
3) In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the peaches & serrano pepper with the juice of 1 lemon & 1 c. sugar. Cover the saucepan & let it sit for at least 20 min until the sugar starts to break down the peaches & draw out their liquid, or you can refrigerate the mixture overnight.
4) Bring the mixture to a boil for 1 min over medium-high heat, stirring to make sure it does not burn on the bottom
5) Reduce to a simmer & cook for 10-15 min until the peaches are completely soft & the contents are reduced by 1/3. Keep stirring so that nothing burns. If needed, mash the peaches to create a more jam-like consistency.
6) Reduce to low heat & let the jam reduce by 1/2, stirring occasionally
7) Remove from heat & let cool before storing in an airtight container in the fridge. As the jam cools, it will become a firmer consistency. This jam should be refrigerated, not canned for long-term storage.