Keeping your food safe will always be our highest priority at Good Apple. In light of the pandemic, we've implemented some additional policies to protect our customers and impact clients. Read on to learn more about what we're doing at Good Apple to serve you and your community as safely as possible.
Keeping You & Your Good Apple Produce SafeApril 15, 2020
At Good Apple, your safety is our highest priority. As we continue to fight against the coronavirus pandemic, we’ve added additional policies and procedures so we can continue to serve you as safely as possible. Here are practices we’re adhering to:
- We are closely monitoring daily updates and recommendations from the CDC, Austin Public Health, and The University of Texas at Austin.
- Nitrile protective gloves will continue to be worn by all staff during the inspection, sorting, and packing of produce.
- We are coordinating with our Farming partners to ensure efficient coordination of produce from the farm to your door.
- On that note, we are retraining our entire staff in thorough and frequent hand-washing – fronts, backs, wrists, between fingers – with soap and water for at least twenty seconds each time.
- Employees continue to be instructed to never come to work if they experience fever or any Coronavirus symptoms.
- Lastly, we have instructed our delivery drivers to leave your box on your doorstep and leave promptly in order to limit contact; a healthy community is of utmost importance to our team, and taking this small step to limit any potential for spread is paramount.
Please contact us if you have any further questions (email@example.com). Know that when you choose to receive Good Apple services, your health and safety are top priorities, today and every day.