Welcome, everyone! Whether you're a longtime subscriber or a newbie just dipping your toe in, we're excited to bring you tips on how to use your produce, profiles on our farm partners, and more information about our work to combat food insecurity in Austin. Read on to find out more!
Welcome to our blog!March 28, 2020
Welcome to the Good Apple blog! This is where we plan to communicate important announcements and messages to our community. This blog will also serve as a way for us to document and share our collective impact on Austin as we work together to combat food insecurity.
Good Apple could not exist without our community's support, so we want to be as transparent as possible to show you how your money is being put to good use. We hope to use this space to share information, data, and stories that energize you, but more importantly reinforce what we know to be true -- each of us can make an impact on food insecurity, the environment, and our communities when we act intentionally and collectively.
Be on the lookout for:
- Perspectives on our values where we explain why we do what we do
- Introductions to new types of produce to make cooking sustainably easier and less daunting
- Our favorite recipes to highlight the incredible diversity of flavors you can get from eating seasonally
- First-hand stories from our impact clients to share their appreciation and feed your heart as well as your tummy
- And, hard data and facts outlining our impact to show we're doing more than paying lip-service -- we're on a mission to end food insecurity in our community.
Whether you are a brand new subscriber, a Good Apple loyalist who has been with us from the start, or just looking to find out more, we cannot tell you how much we appreciate your support and cannot wait to bring you along with us as we continue our work.
Onward to the future! We can't wait.