Stay Home, Stay Healthy!
an emergency grocery delivery service for people at-risk of severe COVID-19 infection
Crises like the coronavirus tend to hit the most vulnerable among us the hardest -- food insecurity looms larger now than even before, especially for low-income seniors trying to minimize their exposure to the virus.
To address this problem, in partnership with Hope Food Pantry, Welcome Table, and CapMetro, Good Apple launched the "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" food delivery program for at-risk groups -- the elderly and the immunocompromised. This program was designed to support people in need and promote effective social distancing during this tough time.
All of our July delivery times are currently full, through Friday, July 31st. Our food pantry partners Hope Food Pantry and Welcome Table will continue to function and provide their regular services to those in need of food assistance. Additionally, we encourage you to visit connectatx.org to view a list of resources available for emergency food and other support services.
We hope to have additional delivery dates available during August, and we will continue to provide updates on our programming on this page.
As always, if you have any questions or want to help, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Team @ Good Apple
Stay Home, Stay Healthy FAQ
How long is this program occurring? The final delivery of SHSH will be on Wednesday, July 29th. We are no longer accepting new clients as we have filled our July deliveries. Please visit connectatx.org or call 211 to find resources for food and food delivery.
Is this free? Yes, both the food and delivery service is 100% free.
What type of food will be delivered? You will receive a combination of non perishables and fresh produce.
How much food will be delivered? Each bag will have a week's worth of food for one person. We will adjust how many bags you receive proportionate to the number of people in your household (up to 5 bags max per household)
When should I expect a delivery? This is on a first come first serve basis, and as we transition the Stay Home, Stay Healthy Program we may not be able to guarantee a delivery towards the end of July. You will be notified via text or phone if we are able to provide a delivery as well as what date you will receive it. With our current waiting list, this can take up 7 days to be notified. We appreciate your patience.
What days of the week do you deliver? We now deliver Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 2PM and 8PM.
How many times can I use this service? This is a one-time delivery.
Where can I find other help? Please visit www.connectatx.org to view a list of resources available for emergency food and other support services. You can also call 211 or visit www.211texas.org.
Will Welcome Table still be operating? Welcome Table will continue to operate as normal after the Stay Home, Stay Healthy Initiative ends at the end of July. If you were working with Welcome Table prior to Stay Home, Stay Healthy, you will continue to be able to.
Keeping You and Your Good Apple Produce Safe
- We are closely monitoring daily updates and recommendations from the CDC, Austin Public Health, and The University of Texas at Austin.
- Nitrile protective gloves will continue to be worn by all staff during the inspection, sorting, and packing of produce.
- We are coordinating with our Farming Partners to ensure efficient coordination of produce from the farm to your door.
- On that note, we are retraining our entire staff in thorough and frequent hand-washing – fronts, backs, wrists, between fingers – with soap and water for at least twenty seconds each time.
- Employees continue to be instructed to never come to work if they experience fever or any Coronavirus symptoms.
- Lastly, we have instructed our delivery drivers to leave your box on your doorstep and leave promptly in order to limit contact; a healthy community is of utmost importance to our team, and taking this small step to limit any potential for spread is paramount.
Please contact us if you have any further questions (email@example.com). Know that when you choose to receive Good Apple services, your health and safety are top priorities, today and every day.