Stay Home, Stay Healthy
an emergency grocery delivery service for people at-risk of severe COVID-19 infection
Crises like the coronavirus tend to hit the most vulnerable among us the hardest -- food insecurity looms larger now than even before, especially for low-income seniors trying to minimize their exposure to the virus.
To address this problem, in partnership with Hope Food Pantry and the Austin Transportation Department, Good Apple is launching the "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" food delivery program for at-risk groups -- the elderly and the immunocompromised. This program is designed to support people in need and promote effective social distancing during this tough time.
We've started a GoFundMe to raise the initial funds needed to get this program up and running as quickly as possible. Just $10 pays for one week's worth of food, which will go a long way to protecting the health of our community.
And if you can't donate, please share the GoFundMe with your friends and family - getting the word out helps just as much as a donation!
If you don't qualify for this program but still seek relief, we want to help connect you to other community resources. Visit the 211 website or call (877) 541-7905 for information on alternative assistance.
As always, if you have any questions or want to help, reach out to us at email@example.com.
The Team @ Good Apple
Stay Home, Stay Healthy FAQ
Is this free? Yes, both the food and delivery service is 100% free.
What type of food will be delivered? You will receive a combination of non perishables and fresh produce.
How much food will be delivered? Each bag will have a week's worth of food for one person. We will adjust how many bags you receive proportionate to the number of people in your household (up to 5 bags max per household)
When should I expect a delivery? This is on a first come first serve basis, and as soon as we are able to get you scheduled for a food delivery we will reach out to you via text or phone call. With our current waiting list, this can take up 7 days. We appreciate your patience.
What days of the week do you deliver? We deliver Monday through Friday in between the times of 10 AM and 6 PM.
How many times can I use this service? This is a one-time delivery. However, after 7 days of your food delivery, if you are still in a food crisis, you may refill out the survey or call 737-228-3558. After doing so, you will be put back on our waiting list.
Keeping You and Your Good Apple Produce Safe
- We are closely monitoring daily updates and recommendations from the CDC, Austin Public Health, and The University of Texas at Austin.
- Nitrile protective gloves will continue to be worn by all staff during the inspection, sorting, and packing of produce.
- We are coordinating with our Farming Partners to ensure efficient coordination of produce from the farm to your door.
- On that note, we are retraining our entire staff in thorough and frequent hand-washing – fronts, backs, wrists, between fingers – with soap and water for at least twenty seconds each time.
- Employees continue to be instructed to never come to work if they experience fever or any Coronavirus symptoms.
- Lastly, beginning this Sunday, we have instructed our delivery drivers to leave your box on your doorstep and leave promptly in order to limit contact; a healthy community is of utmost importance to our team, and taking this small step to limit any potential for spread is paramount.
Please contact us if you have any further questions (firstname.lastname@example.org). Know that when you choose to receive Good Apple services, your health and safety are top priorities, today and every day.